Introduction to Program Management
According to PMI, a program is defined as projects, subsidiary programs, and program activities that are integrated to achieve advantages rather than being handled separately.
What additional domains, knowledge pieces, and abilities are necessary to manage a program, based on the previous definition?
Program Administration within the complete span of program management work, performance domains are complementary groups of related areas of activity, concern, or function that uniquely characterise and differentiate the activities found in one performance domain from those found in others.
Throughout all program management professional phases, program managers actively work in many Program Management Performance domains.
These domains are active at the same time during the program. The program team completes their work within these.
What constitutes an effective Program Manager?
The following important success characteristics that make a program manager successful come to mind.
- Manage specifics while maintaining a holistic, PgMP Certification benefit-focused perspective on the programs a program manager.
- Has a strong working knowledge of project management and program management principles and methods.
- Interacts with governing boards and other executive stakeholders in a fluid and collaborative manner.
- Builds constructive and collaborative connections with team members and other stakeholders in the organisation.
- Makes use of their own technical knowledge and experience to offer insights that help the program deal with uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity.
- Facilitates comprehension by demonstrating great communication abilities.
What benefits does the PgMP certification provide?
You’re a potential PgMP Certified if you’ve demonstrated the capacity to manage several, linked projects and negotiate complicated operations that transcend functions, organisations, locations, or cultures, while also aligning results with company goals.
The evaluation is divided into three stages: application submission, review, and exam.
There are numerous advantages to earning the certification. A couple of our participants remarked the following:
- Professional Achievement Proof
- Application of best practises in your programmes and projects Increased academic knowledge
- Career Opportunities
- Managers on a Faster Track to Success
- Greater respect opens doors in larger companies and developed countries.
What does Prothoughts Solutions have to offer potential candidates?
Prothoughts Solutions offers a 2/3 day Pgmp Course covering the entire range of topics as outlined in the PgMP test content outline paper, based on their unique expertise gathered over a decade on PMI certifications. Additionally, through their custom-designed Enterprise Project Management portal, candidates are given the abilities to create experience summaries as well as a practice session on the Program Management Information System.
By adapting and implementing the organisation’s governance standards, lifecycle features, and tools and techniques, the programmer can be further adapted to unique corporate requirements.
Completing the Experience Summaries: Some Pointers
- Your responses should be clear and succinct, with correct English usage.
- Consider writing/typing your comments in a word processing program, then copying and pasting your experience summaries into your application.
- For each experience report, make sure to address all parts of the Option you choose. If the Experience Summary Option asks you to describe how you recognised and evaluated risks, be sure to include instances of how you did so. It’s about “You” if you use the first person.
- Responses of 200–350 words will likely properly address all aspects of the experience descriptions.
- Panel reviewers will have access to the program background information supplied in the work experience portion of your application. In your comments, you do not need to repeat the program description.
- Please address your response in the first person. Examples of your personal and individual contributions to the program are welcome. Correct: I created (or oversaw the creation of) the program governance model… Incorrect: The program governance model was established by…
- Do not mention other people’s program management efforts. Again, we’re curious about your position. Correct: I made sure the program stayed on track with the organisation’s goals through… Incorrect: The program sponsor made sure that the program stayed on track with the organisation’s goals through…
- Avoid theoretical comments and instead describe how you implemented program management principles.
- Don’t use “textbook” definitions of program management words in your response. Instead, give particular instances from your own program management experience.
- Before submitting your replies, double-check that they are correct and comprehensive.
Management of the Program Lifecycle
Activities in the programme definition phase
- Creating a programme
- Program Development
Activities in the programme definition phase
- Program Scope and Control
- Program Schedule and Control
- Program Financial Management
- Program Resource Management
- Program Quality Assurance and Control
- Program Communication Management
- Program Information Management
- Program Risk Management and Control
- Program Procurement Management
- Program Change Management
How to Get PDUs Quickly in 2022
Is your PMI certificate re-certification cycle coming to an end? Do you need to quickly bring your PDU total up to the bare minimum to maintain your certification?
PDUs are Professional Development Units that you must obtain to demonstrate your commitment to continuous growth and continual learning.
The PMI Continuing Certification Requirements criteria are outlined in the CCR Handbook and available for download on the PMI website. That’s a fantastic beginning point for determining how much you truly need to Earn PDUs. Each PMI certification has its own set of criteria.
But the clock is ticking… Let’s get started with the 7 quick ways to earn PDUs.
1. Examine your claim eligibility.
Have you exhausted all of your existing entitlements? Check your PMP PDUs totals on the PMI CCRS tool, since you may have already logged some.
Then, look through your schedule for the last 12 months (or farther back) and see if there is anything you may claim for. Look for
How to Earn PDUs for Free:
- Watch Video
- Courses or training sessions (internal or external)
- Meetings for organisations, such as attending PMI Chapter events
- Conferences and Webinars (virtual or in-person).
2. Claim for completing your day job.
Did you know that working in a project-related capacity might earn you up to 8 PDUs in the Giving Back category? Being a practitioner will make you PDUs, which you should certainly include!
It is important to note that you may only claim 8 PDUs toward particular PMI credentials, such as the Project Management Professional (PMP)®.
Check the guidebook for the particular criteria if you are earning PDUs for CAPM or other certifications. Some qualifications will not allow you to claim that many for accomplishing your work.
3. Purchase The PDU Podcast
The PDU Podcast is a video webinar-based learning tool that I enjoy since it has provided 60.5 PDUs. It’s set up to get a new video every month, allowing you to earn your PDUs in manageable chunks. BUT, don’t worry: you can buy the webinars in bulk and get a whole year’s worth at once.
Of course, you’ll need to find 20 hours to view a year’s worth of webinars, but if you can give up your nights for a month, you’ll quickly have a large batch of additional PDUs.
People occasionally struggle to acquire the requisite Leadership PDUs, and The PDU Podcast may also assist with that.
Another advantage of The PDU Podcast is that PMI has previously approved the PDUs. A helpful spreadsheet breaks down which episode corresponds to which part of the Talent Triangle, so you can spend less time tracking your efforts in the CCRS.
4. Join the Project Management Institute (PMI).
You’ll save money on certification renewal costs, but you’ll also gain access to their own PMI PDU online learning tools – more on that in a moment.
5. Attend webinars
If you are a PMI member, go to projectmanagement.com and begin seeing their free on-demand webinars. You could watch one every lunchtime for a month — that’s an additional 20 PDUs.
Each online video includes an explanation that explains precisely what you may claim in each of the PDU categories.
You don’t even have to update the CCRS: any PDUs you earn by viewing PMI webinars are immediately applied to your PDU balance. After a few days, you should get an email verifying that your PDUs have been added to your account.
6. Make use of your commute or gym time
Watch for times during the day when you can (safely) multitask on professional growth.
As an example:
- While on the train, read a book.
- Listen to a podcast while working out at the gym.
- While the kids are in swimming lessons, read a professional journal, many of which are available online if you log in to the professional body’s website.
- While you’re preparing food, listen to another podcast.
- While driving to work, listen to another podcast.
We have so many alternatives to digital media! This may appear to be informal learning, but it is still valid. You can claim PMP Renewal PDUs in 15-minute increments, if you spend a quarter-hour reading a book.
Use wifi headphones to listen to podcasts while doing other things. I have these wireless headphones in the form of a headband. These aren’t the most attractive things to wear during the day, but they let me wander around the home while listening to podcasts on my iPad. I also wear them to bed since they are so comfortable. If you seek pockets of time where you can study and get PDUs, you’ll maximise your time and Earn PDUs rapidly.
7. Take online classes
You don’t have time right now to study for a new certification. But what if you could fit in at least a few classes on a self-study schedule? You do not have to take the test for your study time to count toward your PMP® certificate holders who wish to earn more PDUs.